[openbeos] Re: 3d engine

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:01:00 EST (-0500)

> In my dictionnary (ok, ok ... we can go far with that :-)  I think a
> game
> engine is too specialized for a "basic" OS package. We have to
> concentrate
> on more generic services that can be used for. Like DirectX is a
> generic API
> for games development, but not an engine itself.
>
> But if we plan for a huge packaging (like Linux distros), sure we can
> bundle
> anything else, including this engine...
>
> I just want for those "extra" to remain extra and not be considered
> as
> "native" in the heart of the OS...

I agree wholeheartedly. I had not realized at the time I wrote that
that Crystal Space was a game engine. I thought it was something like
Mesa.
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

OMNIVERSAL AWARENESS??  Oh, YEH!!  First you need four GALLONS of
JELL-O and a BIG WRENCH!! ... I think you drop th' WRENCH in the JELL-O
as if it was a FLAVOR, or an INGREDIENT ... or ... I ... um ...
WHERE'S the WASHING MACHINES?