[openbeos] Re: 3d engine

  • From: John Tegen <john.tegen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:48:08 -0800

I think it might be best to have a game engine as part of a distro and not a
part of the OS.  There are so many game engines out there, that to say this
is blessed by OBOS might be a mistake.  Each game engine has their strength
and weaknesses.  Also game engines are not very good if you are working on a
vis-sim application.  Many of the games that would be great if they could be
ported to the OBOS have their own game engine in place or something other
than this one.  It would be better to spend time finishing up the OGL
capabilities of the OS and have hardware acceleration.

$0.02
John