[haiku] Re: 3d, blender and the engine 3d status?

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 09:49:34 +0100

Jonas Sundström wrote:
Skar Cat <skarmiglione.sk4r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hello, some time ago i ask for a way to play
with blender on haiku, I was told that there
were several problems, time was fly, is this possbile now? if is not botehr can you say about the status of this?

I don't recall what those problems were, but there is useful info at HaikuPorts.

Check these pages:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/media-gfx/blender
->
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/media-gfx/blender/2.48a
->
(follow all links to software blender depends on)

Blender will not build until all of its dependencies
build and work OK.
Hi, this is a very interesting port, last time i tried, iirc not all dependencies are mandatory (ex: openal). Besides, it seems someone with the nick 'mweirauch ' succeeded at building it : http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/dev-util/scons/1.0.1/1 If it runs properly is another question :) If someone got his mail, we should just ask him.

Alex