[haiku] Re: 3d, blender and the engine 3d status?

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 09:34:12 +0100 CET

Skar Cat <skarmiglione.sk4r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hello, some time ago i ask for a way to play
> with blender on haiku, I was told that there
> were several problems, time was fly, is this
> possbile now? if is not botehr can you say
> about the status of this?

I don't recall what those problems were, but
there is useful info at HaikuPorts.

Check these pages:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/media-gfx/blender
->
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/media-gfx/blender/2.48a
->
(follow all links to software blender depends on)

Blender will not build until all of its dependencies
build and work OK.

(Perhaps bounties could work, inspiring more devs
to port/make sure dependencies build and work okay.

That might split the workload and get more people
to work with HaikuPorts.)

/Jonas.