[haiku] 31 hours uptime, before USB failure

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:15:37 +0200

Waiting my new MSI Wind U100 Plus (got it instead of the U100 because of the Gigabit, let's cross our fingers that everything works) which shoudl arrive today, I've been running Alpha1 on VMWare Player on my work's notebook for almost a week, reworking my CAD to make it compile and run in Haiku: the BeOS version was one year behind Mac version, so it requires some work.

Of course I wasn't using it in the office - I just shown it, and half of the people here is now running Haiku on their machines as well - but I never rebooted it: I just "hybernated" the VM.

Well, Haiku survived 31 hours with several apps running, compiling, multiple terminals, many open tabs in Firefox, sleeps, hybernations, time changes (the vM is not synced with the host after sleeps), connections/disconnections of a USB key, etc.

I had to reboot it today when it failed to recognize the fs on the USB stick. Connecting and disconnecting didn't help, both physically and via the VMWare's menu. After rebooting, it was working again.

Here a screenshot of the error and the About box:

http://www.biffuz.it/tmp/screenshot1.png

I am really happy (and surprised) of such a long uptime under these conditions :-)

Gabriele - www.biffuz.it