[haiku] Re: 100 Haiku applications to download and try -Was BeOS compatibility

  • From: Jerry Babione <jerry.babione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 08:27:34 -0600

Adrien, You didn't read very well. I acknowledge that a Layman couldn't
handle the process. The could if (1) the simplicity of the original PKG
manager was preserved, (2) The format was make standard as the PKG
structures that do work. (3) People would remember Change for Change sake
isn't change at all...It creates more issues than it resolves. (4) This is
an old debate. I've been involved in it over the past 4 or 5 years. I
stepped away when it seemed that people were choosing to keep what worked
and not abandoning "Real and Working Applications" for something new,
untried, and that hasn't survived the test of time. Do we have a
Professional OS or do people want a Microsoft Clone that any Idiot uses
without caring how it works!

--
Jerry Babione
Founder-Just Plain Folks Org. Inc.