[haiku] Re: 100 Haiku applications to download and try -Was BeOS compatibility

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 20:29:05 -0500

Jerry Babione wrote:
Stephen, I know that it has yet to be updated. Using (links both symbolic and hard) it can still be used. I do like it's ease of use. That's where I fear these changes could lead us. It's not a place I want to go. Adrien, Where it is feasible I continue to use older OS's... That has equipment dependency and other issues (i.e. Browser) that require recompilation of newer software. The cost gets outlandish. That's why Haiku is important to those clients and my businesses. Stephen, The publishing companies uses (a port of gEdit to do final copy edits) I hate it. The type setting is done with a auto-feed to an old Line-O-Type led based machine (manufactured in the 1920's). That was a pain to preserve. The pages from the Line-O-Type create reverse photo masters which are used with offset presses. It works and they don't want to change. The Radio stations keep BeOS for the use and editing of (WAV) files. The need nothing other than what comes with the OS. Haiku is slowly replacing it as the 80486's and Low speed Pentiums fail and are replaced. There is much less training with Alpha 2 and 3 than Alpha 4, but that's no step and still make me money,

--
Jerry Babione
Founder-Just Plain Folks Org. Inc.

either way, bottom line is that you clients could throw up some funds to. particularly since they are using the os to make /money.
/

Sean