[haiku] Re: 100 Haiku applications to download and try -Was BeOS compatibility

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 16:00:18 +0100

Am 08.11.2013 um 15:44 schrieb Jerry Babione <jerry.babione@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Ok, I've already 60 Haiku installations and 9 BeOS Pro 4 (Server) Installs
> still active here in Oklahoma. My clients are waiting. They are
> professionals. They range from Publishing companies to 3 Radio Stations.
> We're waiting.... If it goes much longer they and I may have to look
> elsewhere. Get off the pot. I eat when I sell services through my Foundation
> or Computer Company.

To get back on topic - what software are your 60 Haiku clients actually using?
Don't answer for the Radio Stations, I have actually /written/ one of the apps
in the TuneTracker suit. But I am more then curious what the Publishing
companies use!

Look, you said you are willing to repackage ZIPs to PKGs (using a proprietary
software). A format that Haiku has special support for in the PackageInstaller
to which I also contributed. This app has not been updated yet to magically
redirect files into new install locations for PM, which no one has yet objected
to. Just nobody had the time yet to actually do it.

But in this thread, where we talk about how much stuff got broken by PM and how
much stuff was broken before, your point that you had to repackage stuff to
make it work is just *ridiculous* as support for your argument that PM was a
waste of time and money. If anything, it highlights how much PM was needed.

Then you go on about Haiku being ready for production. I know the system in and
out and to say it is ready for production is just *insane*.

And finally you manage to compare Windows and Haiku asserting Windows being
unprofessional - which just tops it off.

Best regards,
-Stephan