[haiku-web] Re: website skin/theme

  • From: "Jorge Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:26:49 -0700

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 7:12 AM, Dennis d'Entremont
<dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can see how this could be beneficial. It would definitely help people find
> Haiku Groups of similar interest or locations.

There could also be group-based calendars (for events/meetings/etc.)
that can be shared among groups too. I really think that in my
description I am only scratching the surface, and the possibilities
for community building tools would be pretty vast with a system like
this.

>> This is all doable, but it has never gone beyond being an idea in my
>> head; I shared the idea with a few individuals, and they all liked it,
>> but it never went anywhere simply because I (or anybody else for that
>> matter) have not had the time to actually make it happen.
>
> What would it take to implement such a solution?

At least one person (preferably more) with the time, skills and motivation. :)

>> I am curious: how exactly would sharing a user base among HUGs be
>> perceived as an attempt to regulate or control?
>
> I am not saying it would be perceived that way for sure but there may be
> some people that would see it that way. Regardless I am not completely
> against sharing a database. Just trying to point out what I think may be
> some issues.

There is always people that can and will take things the wrong way not
matter what you do or how you do it; it's inevitable and you gotta
live with it IMO. :)

Jorge