[haiku-web] Re: Update to the videos page - easy task?

  • From: "Gavin James" <gavin.james@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 23:28:03 +0100

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:34 AM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/8/20 Sikosis <sikosis@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> I'll have a look at this today. Maybe setup a Haiku YouTube channel for
>> people to add things - also I think we should use flickr and get ppl to tag
>> their photos with say haikuos and then display those photos on our site.
>
> I would actually recommend Picasa at this point simply because we're
> already maintaining a set of galleries there, and Remi was working on
> a way to embed the gallery into Drupal :)

It might also be an idea to look at alternatives to flash-based video
hosting... what with Haiku lacking a supported Flash player. ;)

haiku-files.org has an almost obscene amount of bandwidth available so
that might be a possible solution. In that case it would also probably
be worth standardising on single multimedia codec and file format well
supported under Haiku.

- Gavin