[haiku-web] Re: R1/Alpha 1 release tasks

  • From: Sikosis <sikosis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:33:29 +1000

I think that's the only way we could do a countdown.

Cheers

Sikosis

On 17/08/2008, at 4:27 AM, "Dennis d'Entremont" <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 6:25 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx e> wrote:
"Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/8/15 Dennis d'Entremont <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Although, I think the countdown would be a good idea I doubt it
> > would be
> > well received. Anytime a date has been talked about on the general
> > list or
> > development list it has pretty much been shot down as no one wants
> > to really
> > be tied down to any deadlines.
> This is true... Once the list of "requirements" for the Alpha is
> defined, it will be up to the developers, et al. to actually get the
> work done. Setting a deadline is one way to encourage people to
> complete tasks, but with everything being pretty much volunteer
> effort, I'm not sure how well that will work in this case :(

Unless the release is already ready before we start the countdown, I
doubt we can do something like this.

Well maybe this is the way to go. Once Alpha 1 is ready maybe we could then start a 7 day countdown to the release. That way we aren't forcing any deadlines on anyone and we could still have a few days for a marketing campaign.

Bye,
  Axel.

--- -------------------------------------------------------------------- haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Haiku Web & Developer Support Discussion List

--