[haiku-web] Re: Monitoring and responding to the webmaster mailbox

  • From: "Dennis d'Entremont" <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:35:43 -0300

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 11:39 PM, Jorge Mare <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx
> >
> > wrote:
> >> While I agree that someone on the website team should be reading and
> >> responding to the inquiries, I'm not sure it should be a public
> >> "free-for-all" style. Perhaps someone would like to volunteer to be
> >> the primary respondent for these inquiries?
>
> I just thought it would be wise to route inquiries relative to
> problems that fall into the responsibility of the web team to the
> place where it would get more visibility among the team members. The
> idea is to try to be able to address the inquiries ASAP.
>
> But you may be right: there is always a likelihood of someone using
> the web form to send a "private-ish" message, so routing to a public
> mailing list may not be a good idea.

Agreed. I would not think that a public forum such as this mailing list
would be a good place to forward all messages.

> We could have one person be the first point of contact, who would use
> judgment to forward the inquiries to the best individual on the team
> and/or to this list.

Good solution.

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Dennis d'Entremont
> <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I will consider taking this on. Jorge, what is the volume of emails that
> > come to this address? I just want to know what I would be getting myself
> > into.
>
> Volume is relatively low. Frequency is kind of unpredictable: it may
> go for weeks w/o any messages, and then suddenly you may get 2-3
> messages in a couple of days.

That sounds quite manageable. Feel free to delegate this to me then. Just
make sure that you tell me when it's been forwarded (use my gmail address
that you see here).

> Jorge
> haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Haiku Web & Developer Support Discussion List

Dennis