[haiku-qa] SBTM Charter Map -- 1st Draft

  • From: "Dennis Catt" <dcatt.haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Haiku QA" <haiku-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:35:03 -0400

QA Team,

Okay, now what is attached is nothing more than a 1st draft of what
could feed into established charters for use with SBTM during
exploratory testing.  Now some of the items listed may or may not be
relevant, achievable, etc..., but this is just a start.  I know Ryan
could probably poke some holes in it already (which is great).  Last
night I was browsing the Haiku User Guide is a great resource for
testing features and functionality and what my ultimate goal will be to
establish a list of charters that logically map to the components list
in  Trac as well as the user guide so there is consistency with testing
and defect reporting, etc...

More work on this to come.

Note, the attached file was made with StyledEdit.  I may switch to
something more useful and flexible in the future.

-Dennis
This document is simply to outline potential charter candidates to be used with
SBTM (Session Based Test Management) during exploratory testing sessions
executed prior to each release.  This list has been referenced from the Haiku
Trac and has some correlations to the Haiku Users Guide (mostly userland
related items).

Add-Ons
        Decorators
        Input Filters