[haiku-qa] Re: QA testing for optional packages

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 22:55:10 -0400

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Dennis Catt <dcatt.haiku@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dumb question, but there are no Haiku upgrade options (e.g., going
> from A3 to A4) from the Haiku installer currently is there?  I am
> assuming not, but I've never played with such a scenario in the past.

Not specifically, but the Haiku installer is smart enough to allow you
to install over an existing system. It will always completely replace
the system folder and otherwise it will merge folders, replacing files
which exist in both the source volume and the destination volume with
files from the source volume.

Generally that will result in a nice clean upgrade, but depending on
how different things are between the two versions of Haiku it can
sometimes leave behind things which can cause problems.

--
Regards,
Ryan