[haiku-inc] Re: [haiku-sysadmin] Re: Fwd: Deploying the Kitchen server

  • From: waddlesplash <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:03:44 -0400

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Alexander von Gluck IV
<kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have we gotten this in place yet?

No, as I've heard nothing yet. Sorry, I'm a bit busy, otherwise I
would have done a followup myself.

Can the node.js application open a socket file and we can do a simple
reverse
proxy config in apache? There would be 0 risk to the site as a kitchen
outage
would be a simple 500 error on the destination vhost.

If node.js doesn't support local sockets I assume we can just make it listen
on
localhost and do a tcp reverse proxy.

Yes, it supports local sockets. I'd need to modify the Kitchen though,
it's hard-coded to TCP atm.

-waddlesplash