[haiku-inc] Re: Wrapping up TTHaiku distro

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc <haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 20:31:31 -0400

On Apr 4, 2013 10:40 AM, "Dane Scott - TuneTracker Systems" <
signalcaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm getting close to having a TT/Haiku distro put together, but want to
make sure I'm in sync with Haiku, Inc.'s wishes.  I do think it'd be really
nice to include the Haiku logo if I can, as long as I can find a way to
clear enough room for my programs to fit on the same CD.  I've found that
removing the Develop folder seems to clear enough space, and that might be
a good prospect since the people I'm distributing to aren't likely to ever
need it.  But I'm open to whatever you guys want me to do along those lines.

Hi there.

First, thanks for asking. It is deeply appreciated. Considering that this
is the first real use of Haiku in a commercial setting, I would be
interested in more people offering their thoughts and concerns.

How much space do you need to clear?

Just thinking out loud ... instead of deleting files on a pre-built image,
it may be better to build an image from the r1a4.1 tag with a custom build
profile.

That build profile would look identical to build/jam/ReleaseBuildProfiles
[1] but with several packages not listed. For instance, Wonderbrush, Git,
KeymapSwitcher, WQY-MicroHei, Pe are packages that could be removed and
later be installed by an end user via installoptionalpackage.  However, the
Development, Welcome, and BeBook packages cannot be installed via
installoptionalpackage and thus IMO should be included.   Hopefully once
package management is ready, those could be installed post-installation by
end users.

As mentioned earlier, comments and feedback is encouraged. I'm particularly
interested in what people think of Haiku (trademarks and branding) being
used as part of a commercial product while still being alpha status.

--mmadia

1:
http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/build/jam/ReleaseBuildProfiles?h=r1alpha4&id=r1a4.1