[haiku-inc] Re: Updating the donat-o-meter...

  • From: Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:53:37 -0400

And I just wanted to remind people; there were bounty failures, yes. -
where nobody applied. I emailed each & every individual that donated funds
and asked them if they wanted a refund, or if they wanted to put their
funds into a bigger pot to donate to Haiku Inc. On two occasions, this and
other factors resulted in donations of $2500, and $8500 to Haiku Inc. I
suppose this gesture was useless & not motivating as well.

Haiku Inc. could do something similar, where if bounties aren't taken, a
refund, or moved to a holding account. Someone here wanted my opinion and I
gave it. The criticisms (even for someone who tried to do Haiku some good)
are typical of what others say of the Haiku community, and why it's
dwindling and not moving forward - regretfully.

--
Karl vom Dorff
BScH Biology (German Minor)