[haiku-inc] Re: Updating the donat-o-meter...

  • From: Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 20:32:19 -0400

Let me further iterate, the usual timeframe that someone accepts the
challenge of a bounty, as I've mentioned here on the list (and wagered a
bet) is six months.

Further, I said that I only expected 1/4 to be responded to. You can
compare this with GSOC projects & successful ones.

I challenge Haiku Inc. to forward a call to the community for bounties.
That means a post & poll on Haiku OS's frontpage (not an obscure mailing
list).

I really don't know why there's so much resistance to this concept. It has
provided results in the past. My goal was even to push bounties, but to
push projects out and have Haiku Inc. spend money it's sitting on and ask
the community what they want to see in Haiku.

--
Karl vom Dorff
BScH Biology (German Minor)