[haiku-inc] Re: Thoughts about attending SCaLE 11x

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:05:09 -0800

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd like to fly, but then we'd need to can a rental car, so maybe I'll drive
> down.  Still got to get the boss's approval though.

I'm not sure we'd need a car rental - the airport is pretty much right
next to the hotel we'll be at, and I'm sure there's a shuttle.

> Would Haiku Inc be willing to pay for a second room for the 2 nights?

Are you thinking of bringing a guest as well?

I'd be willing to split the room, even if I do end up bringing my
wife, we can still get a room with two beds (she already OK'd it...but
I can double check ;)

On another note, I went to book the flight with my southwest points
and got beat up by my wife - apparently she's planning to use my
points for a family trip later in the year and didn't want me to "give
them away" for a Haiku trip.

The southwest flights are currently ~$100 each way, so coupled with
the $112/night room costs - we're looking at ~$450 for me to attend.
If I use my points, that obviously drops by $200, but 11k in southwest
points cost $275 to purchase if I bought them outright, and are worth
just over $100 if I converted them back to cash, so... I can see my
wife's concern here if she plans to use them.

- Urias