[haiku-inc] Re: Selling Haiku goods at the RMLL

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 16:46:29 -0400

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 16:21, Adrien Destugues
<pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le 31/05/2010 22:12, Disreali a écrit :
>>
>> Is there any reason that the NPO needs to get shirts from CafePress?
>>  Would it be possible to have shirts printed locally, ie. in France.  Or,
>> could the NPO order shirts and have them delivered, with the understanding
>> that the NPO will be receiving all monies collected at the event?
>>
> Printing them in France would definitely make more sense. the questions are
> then :
>  * Should I do it myself, and am I allowed to use the Haiku logo on the
> shirts,
>  * Is the NPO funding the printing, or do I have to fund it myself and
> donate the positive income after I sold enough shirts ?

In general, I personally do want to increase the availability of TM'd
goods ... my concerns is making sure that the NPO stays in the clear.

For instance the person who helped with some of the IRS forms has
mentioned that soliciting donations or selling goods in-the-flesh can
cause the NPO to somehow register/report/etc with the local government
for taxation purposes or something to that effect. It's still a fuzzy
concept to me. What and how to go about this ... well, idunno.

As for the vendor to supply goods, yes -- CafePress is limiting as
they're only in the US & UK.  A while back for the University of
Camerino, Barrett ordered 2~3 shirts and ended up spending something
absurd like €100 ($125)  due to shipping and import taxes.  .. So,
alternatives are definitely needed.

IIRC,  RMLL is early July

--mmadia