[haiku-inc] Re: Replacing OsDrawer - hosting platform for open source (and others?) Haiku applications

  • From: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 15:19:21 -0500

On 2012-10-08 3:46 pm, pulkomandy wrote:
* kallisty5 started working on a website called HaikuFire (ruby based,
IIRC), that was meant to showcase Haiku applications. This was taken
offline because it's too much work for one single guy to fill in the
database

There is only one of me... that was the biggest stalling point :)

Code:
https://github.com/kallisti5/haikufire

Screenshots:
https://plus.google.com/photos/113129167989960578073/albums/5491967105963512433

Feel free to use it for whatever.. Licensed freely for anything
Haiku related.

I'd say just encouraging the use of github or something like it would be the
best idea for working on 3rd party Haiku software.

While Github isn't perfect, it offers a great place to dump a project and accept others changes to your project in a social way. It's also unlikely
to go the way of smaller projects.

When our package manager is done, we should have a much more elegant way
to empower developers to package binaries.

 -- Alex