[haiku-inc] Re: Reimbursement request for SCaLE 9x ?

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 10:33:46 -0800

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Michael Phipps
<michael.phipps@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> SCALE is the best show that I have ever done. It had ALL KINDS of good
> exposure for Haiku, including BSD's, Google, many more. I would
> wholeheartedly agree that this is a good investment. LinuxWorld was not, but
> SCALE definitely was a great idea.

Indeed, I've always heard great things about SCaLE, but this is the
first year I've had the opportunity to attend (usually the timing +
distance doesn't work for me).

LinuxWorld/OpenSourceWorld wasn't a horrible show, but it was
definitely more targeted to IT infrastructure and Linux, where Haiku
wasn't a good fit in that environment. Also much more commercialized
and expensive.

FWIW, OSCON was great too - but it will be in Portland, OR this year :(

- Urias