[haiku-inc] Re: Mirror servers?

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 23:50:59 +0200

Am 15/07/2014 23:09, schrieb Alexander von Gluck IV:
The new servers hosting the nightly images can be extremely spotty
speed-wise in the USA. We see users getting 10KB/s (me) - 100KB/s
(Urias) who used to get 600KB/s+ when the nightlies were on haiku-files.

Have we throught about setting up some mirror servers?

I don't see any reason to abandon haiku-files.org for this.
Or IOW about how much data are we talking?

Only current nightlies need to be mirrored in the US; there is little reason to pay for lots of bandwidth for old stuff.
And I somehow doubt that our packages will have such a large impact either.

At least Dreamhost was pretty nice to us so far, and didn't enforce any of their storage limits. If they start to complain, that's a different matter.

Bye,
   Axel.