[haiku-inc] Re: LW08 booth cost in 2008 Financial Report

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:20:38 -0500

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 1:24 AM,  <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ah, I missed that line... This way of recording the expense is
> misleading, for two reasons:
>
> 1) It does not present the actual cost for Haiku of the expense item
> described (the booth space in this case).
>
> 2) ReactOS did not make a donation (which basically implies a gift for
> a cause) but rather simply paid their share of the cost.
>
> I think it would be more acurrate to simply remove the ReactOS donation
> line item and record the what the actual cost of the booth was to Haiku,
> that is, $530.95 ($1,030.95 minus $500).

I was not entirely happy with the way that came out either, but it is
more accurate from an accounting stand-point. I also don't think I
recorded the $500 from ReactOS as a donation, but it can be considered
income or as a reimbursement and belongs in that section of the
report.

Also in the future I will send a notification here when new financial
reports are posted. I should have the 2009 one done within a week or
so.

--
Regards,
Ryan