[haiku-inc] Re: LW08 booth cost in 2008 Financial Report

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:36:20 -0800

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:27 PM,  <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I took a quick look at the 2008 financial report, and I noticed what
> may be an inacurracy. If my memory does not fail, the total cost for
> the LinuxWorld Expo booth space was $1,000 and that was shared in equal
> parts between Haiku and ReactOS (with whom we shared the booth). So I
> am almost sure that the cost for Haiku was around $500, and not $1,030.
> 95 as recorded in the report. You may want to revise this item for
> acurracy.

You'll see there's a special line there in the income section
regarding the donation from ReactOS for the booth. Since Haiku, Inc.
paid the entire $1k amount (actually, I did, and Haiku, Inc.
reimbursed me afterward), and was supplemented with a separate paypal
donation from ReactOS, this was the proper way to account for it I
think.

I suspect the LW costs were additionally fudged slightly (the extra
$30.95) to account for PayPal fees overhead that I incurred (although
I see that also listed in a separate section already). I'll check with
Ryan to be sure about that.

- Urias