[haiku-inc] Re: Is Haiku Inc. operating in accordance to NY state law?

  • From: Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 21:52:22 -0400

> I'm unsure where all of this is going though - at every turn of the
> discussion, I don't see a lot of suggestions on improving the
> situation, just a lot of negative criticism so far. I'm all for fixing
> the problems, but if it means everyone resigns and dissolves Haiku,
> Inc. then I'm not sure that improves anything. In the grand scheme of
> things, this stuff isn't going to get fixed overnight.

Hi Urias,

I mentioned in the following email where I think it is going - it is very
questionable how Haiku Inc. is being run if not borderline illegal.
Overnight is hardly the word for missing minutes for the annual meetings
(three years!), lack of elections, and I still do not really see any
governance documents in the certificate.

I have offered my suggestions and help. The board must decide what to do.
Again, if they are incapable, they could nominate a committee (of which I
would join) to draft by-laws. Donors to Haiku Inc. and the community
deserve better.

--
Karl vom Dorff
BScH Biology (German Minor)