[haiku-inc] Re: Contract proposal: website & R1B1 work

  • From: luroh <lurohh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 21:35:28 +0200

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 12:20 AM, Augustin Cavalier
<waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The frontpage hitting PHP 100% of the time is really annoying, but that's
due to Google Analytics apparently so not much we can do with that. But if
we switch to CloudFlare, we can let them handle the GA injection, and thus
hit the Boost cache more often.

The first thing that comes to my mind is to throw out GA. With the
shortage of manpower around here, I would bet that no one is paying
any attention to it anyway. And as an additional anecdotal data point,
I've had GA blocked since the day it was launched.

I have to say I'm also not a fan of the shared certificates; even with
the possible security issues aside, it seems kind of deceitful towards
the end user who probably thinks his https connection is end-to-end
encrypted.

- luroh