[haiku-i18n] Re: new translator

  • From: Adrien Destugues <adestugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:24:05 +0100

> 2)there is no way i could see the "final result" of my work on the
> "hta.polytect.org" site and can not send the translated strings to the
> source nor can i download the catkeys to test them ,so i'm not
> familiar with the hta tool?

The tool is not perfectly finished.
Simplest way to export is to
1) Validate your strings with the button to the right of the page (you
have to be language manager for that I think)
2) Go to http://hta.plolytect.org/catalogs/archive/ to download the full
catalog archive.

> 4)as for haiku,it can display arabic fonts,but misses the input method
> to read/write arabic properly from right to left and attach the
> letters,in fact haiku lacks all these input methods for languanges
> written from right to left,i filed a request for both haiku & web
> +,hopefuly the devs will implement them before R1.

It's planned, as part of Locale Kit development. I think the ticket will
get assigned to me soon. I'd like some test case with utf-8 string to
copypaste, picture of how the rendering should look. This is because I
don't know anything about Arabic scripts.

--
Adrien / PulkoMandy