[haiku-i18n] Re: User guide addressing localized apps/folders

  • From: Patrik Gissberg <patrik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 23:19:11 +0200

Den söndagen den 15:e maj 2011 skrev Humdinger:
> In my mind it ideally should be transparent and interchangeable
> throughout the system, including Terminal. That is, when using a German
> system for example, it wouldn't matter if you type "cp file
> /boot/Benutzer/" or "cp file /boot/home/". I could also see a setting
> in Terminal to always show only the English original paths/names even
> if the GUI is otherwise completely localized.
If that is possible to do, then it sounds great. I think the
discussion we had before Jonas started to work was that it could be
difficult to make it work in scripts. Users can be confused and use
German paths which won't work on a Swedish or English setup.

I would suggest that we wait until Deskbar and Tracker are 100%
working (like your ticket about Expander which is a missing feature).
It's better to finish what's been started before starting on something
new.

Patrik