[haiku-i18n] Re: Translation Assistant website

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 09:36:00 +0200

Hi!

2010/7/10, Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>:
> Pootle supports a variety of formats. Adding support for yet another one
> (which seems to be really simple) would probably take no more than a few
> hours, maybe even less.

If you'd like to build a pootle using system with proper catkeys
export, that is potentially great. Maybe it could even be combined
with Travis work as a backend to his website front end for people who
prefer a web interface.
Personally, I don't know anything about pootle. What are its main
advantages? How is the typical workflow for localizing an app via
pootle? Does it provide anything to help cooperation between
translators?
Maybe if you describe in detail how you would build up this system
others join the discussion. I recommend doing that on the general
mailing list. This i18n is pretty new and only very few people are
subscribed. I don't think Travis even is. It'd be sensible to include
him.

Regards,
Humdinger

--