[haiku-i18n] The Proposal for Optimizing translations commits.

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 13:09:00 +0200

Hi All,

To bring the translation workflow in order I propose to add the "Translations" component into Trac.

This allows the person, interested in synchronizing it's work from HTA to SVN, look for tickets in "Translations" component and reopen or create new one that corresponds the language of interest. Those opened tickets will mark the languages waiting for update and anybody who want to help and has commit access should mark this ticket "in-progress" before starting the update. In my opinion this procedure prevent from possible waste of time in case two persons will try to help with the same language simultaneously.

Obviously, those tickets must be "long play" ones and can be either assigned to the person servicing this language on permanent basis or assigned to "nobody" in case everyone can help with it.

What is your opinion?

--
Kind Regards,
   S.Zharski