[haiku-i18n] Re: Renaming strings in the source

  • From: Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:57:18 +0200

Hi,

2011.03.26 11:32, Humdinger rašė:
MediaPlayer:
- Settings:
"when done" ->  "after"
"movies" ->  "video"
"sounds" ->  "audio"
"by default" ->  remove
"Scale controls in full-screen mode" ->  "Scale controls in full screen
mode"
consistence with menu item.
- Playlist:
"Remove and put to Trash" ->  "Remove and move to Trash"

IMO, "Remove and move" doesn't sound well.

One more thing: Apps sometimes use single quotes ('%s'), sometimes
escaped double quotes (\"%s\") when displaying a file name or path etc.
I think we should come to a consistent presentation.

I would suggest curly quotes (no need to escape them!), but using Italic, as suggested by Patrik is also a nice idea.

Rimas