[haiku-i18n] Re: Haiku R1/Alpha4 translations

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:48:02 +0200

Niels Sascha Reedijk писал 08.08.2012 13:59:
Secondly, from a more non-technical perspective, there should be some
discussion on whether or not it is a good thing that third-party apps
are using our resources, and under what conditions these apps can
request to be included. I would say that this is mostly a discussion
for translators.

I have asked this, because such possibility was discussed some month ago in the beginning of the Pootle transition AFAIR. Then I have proposed the Switcher as "laboratory rat" for this task. Of course, I do not insist - just wanted to hear about your plans. :-)

From the other side I cannot consider native third-party Haiku applications as foreign aliens - they have no other environment to exist but our community. To get more native support from third-party developers we have to provide them as much support and resources as we can. In the Perfect World the localisation infrastructure should be the part of central Haiku development portal (OsDrawer?).

Anyway, you do the really invaluable work maintaining this resource. Thank you!

--
Kind Regards,
   S.Zharski