[haiku-i18n] Re: GCI translation tasks

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:36:53 -0800

> I will have a look at the translations. Melange 500s for me too (all
> the time), so I will not be able to update it there. I will be in an
> airplane for 12 hours soon, so if it does not work within an hour or
> two, I will not be able to update it there until tomorrow.
>
> What is the policy on one student doing multiple translation tasks?
>
> Regards,
>

> P.S. I seem to be able to access melange now ...

The policy is that a student is only allowed to have claims on a
single task at a time, that's why I think if we line up the tasks
without overlapping them we may get one student that does the entire
language and not flood the mentor.  One the other hand if we post more
than one at a time there's a chance that we'll get multiple students
working on a language, which may not be a bad thing either.  It's up
to the mentors on how they'd like the tasks to be posted.

-scottmc