[haiku-i18n] GCI tasks to localize user guide images

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "i18n" <haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 18:31:17 +0100

Hello everyone!

Google's GCI is almost upon us and we could do with more tasks.
I thought I'll outsource the localization of all images in the user
guide to a GCI students. Now that Patrik has fixed the image/resource
upload of the translation site, they can add the images directly.

If anyone likes to do the same, please speak up and I will add a GCI
task for your language as well. Of course we'd need someone to mentor
the students, i.e. answer questions, judge their work and progress.
If there isn't yet a GCI mentor for your language, you'd have to quickly
find a volunteer, and fill out a profile and announce that here so we
can promote them to "mentor".

This tasks only really makes sense for languages that are already
(almost) completely localized.

Regards,
Humdinger

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gci/profile/google/gci2011