[haiku-i18n] Re: GCI: Translation to Dutch

  • From: meanwhile@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 01:13:41 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Niels Sascha Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, Nov 22, 2010 9:01 pm
Subject: [haiku-i18n] GCI: Translation to Dutch

Hello all,

One of the tasks we are considering for the Google Code-In is the
translation of the Haiku interface to other languages. As far as I can
see there is no effort yet to translate into Dutch. Would anybody mind
if I 'mentor' this task so that we at least have a basis to start
from?

Regards,

I've been working on it and I'm the official manager for the Dutch language at
the moment.
Haven't worked on it in months and hope all my work isn't lost, because of
transitions to other systems etc.
Since there were some linguistic uncertainties in most parts, the situation wrt
the Dutch translations is that only a few parts are finished,
and even less are in the source...but what exists is 90 to 99 % done and IIRC,
that's the case with Tracker and Deskbar as well.

-Meanwhile