[haiku-i18n] Re: Finnish translations update from HTA

  • From: Jorma Karvonen <karvonen.jorma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:53:51 +0200

2011/1/31, Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>:
> Hallo Jorma,
>
> Am 30.01.2011 20:43, schrieb Jorma Karvonen:
>> Please, could someone update Finnish translations from HTA to Haiku
>> source code. Obviously, localization of all Translator Add-ons cannot
>> be tested if all catalogs are not with the code. ;)
>
> Are you going to provide patches for RDEF files for translation add-ons?
> Without application MIME signature resource in data translator binary
> localization doesn't work at all. So there will be nothing to test anyway.
>
> ---
> Kind Regards,
>    S.Zharski

Yes, I wll provide patches for the .rdef files but I'm trying first to
test, if they really work or if there is something else to fix. As you
can see in the following figure:

http://www.keskilinkki.com/images/datatranslations1.png

Some add-ons are showing in Finnish (like HVIF, OCX, PNG, TIFF, WebP,
WonderBrush) but not all.

I made a symbolic link to the /boot/home/config/add-ons/Translators/
directory and that link is pointing to, for example, to the
/Blank_BFS/haiku/generated/objects/haiku/x86/release/add-ons/translators/bmp/BMPTranslator
file. Then I have updated those generated files by calling jam -q in
/Blank_BFS/haiku/src/add-ons/translators/bmp/ directory, but if the
fi.catkeys file is missing from the
/Blank_BFS/haiku/data/catalogs/add-ons/translators/bmp/ directory,
this testing does not work. Therefore I wanted to get catkeys files
from hta first and test if those changes you have pointed to will be
sufficient or some more is needed.

Best regards, Karvjorm