[haiku-i18n] Re: Ellipses in Pootle

  • From: Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 11:28:44 +0200

2012.01.21 10:46, Humdinger rašė:
Hello!

I saw that the pootle site complains about ellipses "…" being three
dots "..." in translations. The exported catkeys also contain these
"...". Since the GUI appears to use "…" anyway, I assume the
translation kit (or maybe rather the buildprocess?) takes care of that.

In any case, to remove those "false positives" from pootle's failure
list on the "Review" tab, would it be possible to automatically convert

These aren't false positives. :)

I don't think Pootle has means to automatically replace strings. But:
*) inputting "…" can be made easier. Pootle allows defining "special characters" for each language, a list of which is shown below the input field. Clicking any of these characters results in it being appended to the input field (so there's no need to copy-paste from somewhere else) *) occurences of "..." can be replaced with "…"during post-processing and checksum calculation, which is done outside Pootle.

Rimas