[haiku-i18n] Re: Chinese HTA export

  • From: Pengfei Han <pengphei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 08:38:33 +0800

>>> Yes, I have removed some newlines from the Chinese translation, but Mail
>>> Preflet and ProcessController have no newlines but failed anyway during
>>> building. :-(
>>
>> can you explain the "newlines", I am in charge of the zh_CN translation,
>> I think I can correct these mistakes.
>
> Newline is a result of pressing "Enter" key in the translation field. They
> are visible in the exported catkeys as empty lines, or lines beginning with
> the characters in national language. It is a bit difficult to detect them
> without exporting catkeys, but they should be filtered out by HTA during
> export. At the moment HTA does nothing about it. :-\

oh, I got you. during the translation, I have done something like,
directly copy
English to translation field, and then begin translate, so this may cause it.

> By the way, I have seen lot of traling spaces in Chinese translations - are
> they intended?

yes, because of so much big difference between Chinese and English or other
Western Language characters, ususlly when we meet non-Chinese characters,
we will add space both before and behind the word, like “中国 google 公司”,
we do this just for making a clean page.

> ---
> Kind Regards,
>  S.Zharski

best regards