[haiku-i18n] Re: British English

  • From: Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 20:06:39 +0200

Hi Richie,

Richie Nyhus wrote:
I have just granted you the admin permissions on en-UK in Pootle. You can
start refining your locale.
Cheers for doing that. It seems a bit easier than the old system.

Pity the UK catkeys from the old system were lost though.

I don't think they could have been lost, IIRC, there was a proper string migration. It's just that the old system was aware of string inheritance, whereas Pootle is not, and that will be a problem for locales like yours, which inherit most of the strings from a parent locale. Pootle will never show your locale as complete, because it assumes that each string has to be translated, or at least copied to the target locale.

Although... if we had a post-processing script which simply strips all identical strings from a target file, you could simply copy all strings that don't need translation, thus making Pootle happy. I'm not sure if our post-processor script does that though...

Rimas