[haiku-i18n-it] Pairs localization and Language Managers

  • From: Michael Peppers <michaelpeppers89@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n-it <haiku-i18n-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:46:36 +0200

Gah! The last e-mail I wrote got lost!

Oh well, instead of rewriting it, I'll just summarize the main points
of what I wrote.

Pairs is localized in some strings as "Pairs" and in some others as
"Coppie". Both are correct, since "Coppie" is the actual (100%
fail-proof) translation, whereas "Pairs" has been used before on other
already-localized platforms, so I'm unsure which of them we should
use, though I prefer "Pairs".

From this comes another problem: since last changes to hta (the ones
that restrict write access), if we were to choose "Pairs" over
"Coppie" I couldn't fix every string, since the string that has
"Coppie" in it hasn't been translated by me.

Somehow related: Giuseppe, are you sure you have enough time to manage
the Italian locale all by yourself? If you think you need any help,
I'm willing to give you some as a "deputy LM" or something like that.
Saying I'm a Languages and Literatures undergraduate should be enough
of a reference, I guess. ;)