[haiku-i18n-hi] Re: alpha3 delay

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n-hi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:50:02 -0800

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It looks like we might have a week or so delay in the release of
> Alpha3, this might help give some time for the Hindi team to get their
> translations into Haiku in time still.  There's been a few small
> additional i18n text strings added to HTA in the past few weeks that
> some of you might be able to translate in small chunks.  I'd like to
> see some of the graphs turning green by March 8th.  I should have a
> better picture of the new freeze date in a few days here, but my
> current guess is around March 18th-21st.  I'll follow up here when I
> get a better target.
> -scottmc

Hey all,

The original freeze date for Haiku Alpha3 has come and gone, but there
were some issues that still need to be resolved, so we have put the
release on hold until we can get those issues fixed.  In the meantime
that means there's still enough time to get more translations updated
and finally checked in.  Hindi is the last language that was mostly
completed during the Google Code In that has not yet been added into
Haiku.  I just checked and don't see any of the translated strings
going from orange to green yet for Hindi.  Perhaps now that exams have
passed there will be time to check these over?
http://hta.polytect.org/

There's been a handful of smaller text additions in the last 2 months
and they are also working on localizing the names of the programs and
preflets as well.  So you'll see some next entries that need to be
translated.  I suspect the Haiku Hindi keyboard layout could also use
work?  I haven't done any Keyboard setups, for a challenge see if any
of you can figure out how to create a keyboard layout in Haiku.  If
you make one that works, open a new trac ticket at dev.haiku-os.org
and attach it to the ticket.  just don't change the Command keys to
Windows/Linux mode though...

If you need any non Hindi related help please ask on the Haiku i18n
general mailing list, there's many on that list that can help out for
general issues related to Haiku translation issues.

-scottmc