[haiku-gsoc] Re: zeroconf browser

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:14:06 -0400

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 4:55 AM, François Revol<revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, unless zeroconf has a standardized API to use, or you need more
> than just simple new/deleted notifications on some type to filter, live
> queries or node monitoring would solve the problem without needing to
> introduce an actual new API.

In general I agree that the Tracker should be used to advertise and
list available Zeroconf services. That is the "Haiku way" (as inspired
by BeOS.)

But for the purposes of testing, debugging, and maybe advanced usage I
think it would be smart to create a very simple Zeroconf browser like
the one linked to in the first email.

--
Regards,
Ryan