[haiku-gsoc] Re: locale kit cross tools : linking errors

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 17:06:13 +0200

On 2009-07-05 at 17:02:10 [+0200], PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > That would allow to automatically add grist behind the scenes and also
> > associate the application with the final catalogs, i.e. an
> > "AddFilesToHaikuImage Locale" could automatically also add the associated
> > catalogs.
>
> It may make sense, but I'm not really sure.
> The ".translation" files would be ".catalog".

If I understand it correctly the catalog files would be the files generated
from the translated catkeys file. I was thinking the latter would be listed
here.

> Also, I was thinking of
> using the app signature as the locale signature. This would remove one
> parameter and should be enough for the haiku build system. The two
> limitations are :
> -Two apps can't use the same catalog except if they have the same mime
> signature (do that happen ?)

Two version of the same application could be installed. I don't know how that
is intended to be handled.

> -An application can use catalogs with only one signature. There are
> "comment" and "context" in the catalog, that should be enough to
> separate the files.
> Also, there can be muliple cpp files eiher linked into a single
> catkey, or into multiple cakeys and then into a single catalog. Not
> sure which approach is better, and not sure how a single rule can
> manage that.

Listing multiple source files in the above rule invocation wouldn't be a
problem. If you really want to generate multiple catkey files, using separate
rules is probably the better approach, though.

CU, Ingo