[haiku-gsoc] Re: locale kit cross tools : linking errors

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 12:20:00 +0200

Linkcatkeys problem fixed. So this version is basically useable. I
found some bugs related to the way the regexp are parsed. Most
notably, it is not possible to do something like
TR("some"
"very mong multiline"
"string");
, and TR("some string with \"special\" chars\n"); will not work
either. I know what the problem is with the second example :
collectcatkeys is replacing \n by real newlines so the string match
what end up in the binary program, but we want that to be done in
linkcatkeys instead so the plaintext translation file is not messed
up. I'm not really sure for the first one. I'll tell you what I find.

I think the patch can still be applied as is, as it still allows to
work with simple single-line strings with no special chars inside.

--
Adrien.