[haiku-gsoc] [hcd09] Subsequent BQueries Fail

  • From: Ankur Sethi <get.me.ankur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 05:28:55 +0000

Hi,

I'm having some troubles with BQuery.

I'm using the BVolumeRoster to retrieve all mounted volumes which
respond to queries. Since one live BQuery can be run on only one
volume, I create as many BQuery objects as there are (supported)
volumes. The target of all these BQuery objects is an instance of
Feeder (Feeder is my BLooper subclass). The problem is that I can
retrieve the static entries and receive B_QUERY_UPDATE messages only
from the very first BQuery. The remaining BQueries simply fail to
Fetch().

Strangely enough, Fetch() does not return any of the error constants
mentioned in the BeBook
(http://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/bebook/BQuery.html#BQuery_Fetch).
The value it returns is -2147459062. Has the API changed?

--
Ankur Sethi (GeneralMaximus)