[haiku-gsoc] Re: Uniquely Identifying a Volume

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 21:35:28 +0200

> You could always make indexing removable volumes optional or perhaps
> have a volume blacklist of some kind...I could see wanting to not
> index things like camera SD cards for instance since you mostly only
> insert those to pull the pictures off them.

Actually, i think it makes more sense to have a whitelist of the
volumes you want to index. So when you plug some friend's usb key it
doesn't get strange files written on it. And you can explicitly allow
indexing on whatever volume you want. This has the default that
nothing is indexed by default...

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
Elève ingénieur ENSSAT EII1- www.enssat.fr