[haiku-gsoc] Re: [HCD] ICMP errors handling & propagation project

  • From: "Yin Qiu" <allenchue@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:42:08 +0800

Hi Philippe,

Glad to see you here. It was a shame that I have been hanging around for
more than 2 weeks without doing anything useful. But I was also stuck in
some other stuff in that period.

Okay, here is my plan in the following week:
1. To set up a development environment. About a month ago, I noticed a
developer-version VMware image was posted in the openbeos mailing list. It
contained necessary compiler suite. Can I just use that? Or what kind of
environment are you using?
2. To check out the Haiku source code. I'll examine the code in
add-ons/kernel/network/protocols/icmp/, which you mentioned.
3. To read ICMP Wiki article and then further read RFC792. This will help me
understand my goals and what to do in the next.

I hope I will catch up. Any comments on my plan?

PS: I apologize that I cannot work with full-time until June 23 (or 24
considering time diff). But I will try to read the mailing list and reply
relevant threads.

--
Yin Qiu
Nanjing University, China