[haiku-gsoc] Re: Full Text Search and Indexing -- Looking for opinions/comments

  • From: Ankur Sethi <get.me.ankur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 12:13:06 +0530

Resurrecting this thread now.

I built a GCC2 system yesterday, with the Development optional package
along with a few others (I was working on a VM this far).

I tried to checkout CLucene from their SVN repo, and I ran into some
problems (http://pastie.org/496595), so I downloaded a source tarball
instead.

When I try to ./configure CLucene, it fails with these messages:

checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work with -mthreads... no
checking for the pthreads library -lpthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with --thread-safe... no
checking whether pthreads work with -mt... no
checking for pthread-config... no
configure: error: Cannot find a working pthread configuration. If you
think this is wrong, please review acx_pthread.m4 and report the
problem

I searched through the mailing list archives (haiku and
haiku-development) and figured that Haiku does have pthread (right?).
I assume, then, that this message is a result of my own unfamiliarity
with (1) porting code to Haiku and (2) GNU Autotools. I'm currently
reading through the HaikuPorts wiki. Next, I will play with Autotools.
Meanwhile, could someone point me in the right direction regarding
that error?

I have been checking out GNOME's Tracker on Ubuntu Jaunty. It appears
that Tracker adds files that have changed to a queue, and indexes
those files when the computer is idle. I assume this wouldn't grind
the hard disk, even if we use the node monitor (Rene and Axel had
expressed concern over the fact that the node monitor is resource
intensive).

Anyway, I still need to get CLucene working before I think about the
indexing daemon.

/me goes off to read about Autotools

--
Ankur Sethi