[haiku-glasselevator] Re: [haiku-development] Re: Mono Port

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, haiku-glasselevator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 08:34:58 -0500

On , François Revol wrote:
On 08/09/2014 21:51, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Am 08.09.2014 21:04, schrieb Stephen Hite:

Sure, I can try it.  This is why gdb 7 looked attractive:

http://www.mono-project.com/docs/debug+profile/debug/

I don't understand what exactly on the page made it look attractive,
though I didn't want to take the time to read it all, I just skimmed
over it. From the quick look, it seems that gdb requires a lot of
typing. On the other hand, the page tells me that several debuggers can be used. Do they all need to be specifically supported in Mono? If not,
give Debugger a try, it might work well for you.

I think he specifically pointed to the macro to make a stack crawl with
the mono function names.

It could be interesting to add gdb scripting to Debugger :D

François.

This is a great conversation to continue over at haiku-glasselevator. (included in to line)

 -- Alex